Monday, January 12, 2009

Fatty Ram or Left Overs

Malachi 1: 12-14

12 “But you dishonor my name with your actions. By bringing contemptible food, you are saying it’s all right to defile the Lord’s table. 13 You say, ‘It’s too hard to serve the Lord,’ and you turn up your noses at my commands,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “Think of it! Animals that are stolen and crippled and sick are being presented as offerings! Should I accept from you such offerings as these?” asks the Lord.

14 “Cursed is the cheat who promises to give a fine ram from his flock but then sacrifices a defective one to the Lord. For I am a great king,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “and my name is feared among the nations!




Geesh this hit me hard yesterday. In his message on prayer Pastor Rob read a verse of scripture near Malachi, and admittedly I sort of strayed from listening and began reading in Malachi (Sorry Pastor :) ). Amazing book and I have other thoughts going through my head from the few short pages.

I can be pretty good about promising God the finest fatty ram of my farm, the best of the best. But sometimes he winds up getting the runts and outcasts instead and maybe at the last minute.

-"---Okay God tonight instead of spending a couple of hours on the computer, I'm going to spend some time in your word."

"Man where did the time go...Yawn _ gotta get of t his thing (PC) and into bed ZZZZZzzzzzz"

--------------------------------------

----"Nothing but Worship Music the for the heart today God - I really need to spend some time singing to you."

" You know I really don't like Kanye West...but his new CD is pretty good, especially Love Lockdown and Welcome Heartbreak."

--------------------------------------

----"No lunch for me today...I'm spending my hour 12 - 1pm in prayer...Just you and me God"

"12:45...I shoulda ate breakfast, I'm starving. I'll grab a quick sandwich and then spend a few minutes in prayer."

Father please forgive me for defiling the table you want me to sit at with You. Forgive me for not even showing up sometimes. It really is my heart to bring to you the best of me.

1 comment:

Vince Farrell said...

Good thoughts!!! We all fall into that pit.


I've always thought there are two types of parents (talking about Fathers) 1. Being a parent like the one you had. 2. A parent who want's to be better than the one they had.

Seeing you with your little girl, I know how you are with your teens. Guys like us who may not have had the best parents or Spiritual Fathers have clearly chosen to be better than what we've had.
It's not easy, but if it was anyone could have done it well.
Be encouraged, be blessed!
Vince