Thursday, October 09, 2008

Joy of a Nation

I'm STILL not into politics much (even though this is m y 3rd post on the subject- I may be changing - who knows), but I have watched the previous two debates. The last one was horrendous on both sides. It didn't really sway me either way. Are we really putting all our hope in these 4 people to change the direction of our country? Are their plans really going to get us out of this mess financially and militarily? I know that our country seems to be in a downward spiral, and I am thankful to be a citizen of country that allows me to voice my opinion on the direction of our nation. But with everyone voicing their opinions I'm sure at times it sounds much like the annoying cicada broods in the summer. I’m still not sure of who I'm giving my vote to, I do know that no matter my vote or my plans or any anyone else’s for that matter; unless we realize the Source of our Strength we are helpless.

I've read this Psalms everyday this week and plan on continuing to do so until the election.

Psalms 33: 6-22

The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created.
He breathed the word, and all the stars were born.
He assigned the sea it's boundaries and locked the ocean in vast reservoirs.
Let the whole world fear the Lord, and let everyone stand in awe of him.
For when He spoke the world began! It appeared at His command.

The Lord frustrates the plans of nations and thwarts all their schemes.
But the Lord's plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken.
What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord,
whose people He has chosen as His inheritance.

The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race.
From His throne he observes all who live on the earth.
He made their harts so He understands everything they do.
The best-equipped army cannot save a king,
nor is great strength enough to save a warrior.
Don't count on your warhorse to give you victory
for all it's strength, it cannot save you.

But the Lord watches over those who fear him,
those who rely on his unfailing love.
He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine.

We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our shield.
In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.

Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in You alone.

No comments: