Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dark Knight Shines

I went to go see the Dark Knight last night with some guys. It was the first all guys night I have had in a long time. Great time, but especially great movie.

I was originally skeptical when I first saw the previews of someone else besides Jack Nicholas playing the Joker. I thought there is no way anyone could pull of the character better than he. His grin, beady eyes, and chilling laugh. I was way wrong. Jack's portrayal of smiling cynic was sarcastic and somewhat humorous. Heath Ledger's portrayal is a Joker very unlike the previous one. He is dark, unpredictable, suicidal, something crazy yet so very believable and possible. I really liked Heath in the Patriot and was saddened by his death, but now I'm also disappointed in knowing that he will not be able to continue the character in an of the upcoming sequels.

There is so much that I could right about some of the underlying messages about humanity at it's core and the need to be something more than a hero, because a hero is not what everybody needs at all times. But I don't want to give any of it away for those of you who haven't seen it. I know why 65% of the people who have already seen it say they will go to the theater to see it again.

If you have not seen this movie...stop right now...and fly like a bat to the nearest theater.


little blog on our vacation coming soon as I get back in the habit of a couple of posts a week.

No comments: