Sunday, March 16, 2008

Church @ Home

I was sick yesterday...very sick...thanks to my little one who was sick a couple days before. I have enjoyed nothing but water and pretzels today...mmmm. Better today but not well enough to go to church. This was sort of a big deal for me...I really needed to be there because we're having a spaghetti lunch to raise money for our mission trip to Ohio this summer.

Thankfully my wife and others have pulled together and made it a success.

Feeling guilty for not being able to be at church...I went against my wife's wishes and went to church anyway. . . . yet never left my house. I spent the morning at LifeChurch.tv, an Internet campus started by Greg Groeschel. I've read a couple of Greg's books: Chazone, and Confessions of a Pastor, and they were great! I've caught a couple of archived messages but never been able to catch a full service. It was GREAT! I sat in my PJ's and experienced a great time of worship and an encouraging and challenging message.

The worship is very interactive with the worship leader making refrences to those who were actually in attendance on the campus and on the internet. There is also a time of giving where you are able to give online. The pastoral team finished up a series entitled Hostage. Chris Beall spoke on how we are very often held Hostage to lies...presumably the lie "God can't Change Me". Because of this lie we are imprisoned to the things that we struggle with. He believed we will remain imprisoned until we begin to believe the truth that "God has already changed us", SPEAK the truth, and DON'T give up. At the end of the message there was even an "altar call" so to speak. If you were watching via computer, a little "raise hand" button popped up on the screen and if you were making a commitment or needed prayer you could click the button. The response was unbelievable.

So if you don't make it to church or don't really even have a church check out LifeChurch.tv. They also have several campus across the country, now with one in TN.

Click on the Picture for More info!

No comments: