Saturday, September 20, 2008

What if?

What if?

A question that we ask ourselves at different moments in our life, in different situations. Most of the time we ask this in a context of after the fact. After a decision has been made, something has been said, after an event, or after something has happened.

What if I had of done this?
What if I had said this?
What if I had........

All questions to bring about the possibilities of a changed outcome. The thing is the question has no power to turn back the clock and give us another opportunity to redo what has been done.


But in light of what COULD happen instead of what HAS happened, this is a very powerful question.

I was watching a message from Granger community Church and the pastor was using this question in regards to our prayer life.

He posed this questions:

" What if God answered all your prayers for this day this very moment?"

Would you be satisfied with the outcome? Or have your prayers been too small. Would you be wishing you would have prayed more, deeper, greater than what you asked for. Or was your highest most important prayer today..."Oh Lord don't let it rain today"

John 14
12
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!"

The catch is this...the answer is not for our benefit but to bring Him Glory. So what we may see as a non-answer or wrong answer, may have been what He intended all along. So ask... and He'll do whatever is both good for us AND brings Him glory.

So .....what if today's the day? Would you be satisfied with what you have prayed for. I know I wouldn't it.

No comments: