Friday, August 25, 2006

Hello My Name Is.....

Hi Welcome to ________________, my name is _____________, how can I help you?

Fill in the blanks with the last place you went to and the last person that waited on you. Whether it is, Wal-Mart, a fast food restaurant or a fancy restaurant. Odds are the 1st blank is easy BUT the second blank is still well…blank.

I had an absurd thought while checking out at Wal-Mart. The young lady who rang up my items had on name tags. The folks at the registers and drive thrus of every fast food place have them too. There are many other establishments that require their employees to wear the often unappealing name tags. Who are they wearing them for? Hopefully everyone they work for knows their name. Those tags are there for us….duh.

So I have made a new resolution, nothing super duper. But I am going to do my best to recognize the person’s name that is serving me. I always hated wearing those stupid name tags at a couple of my previous jobs. And others probably feel the same way. Plus there is something I like about hearing my name called and being known. I am sure that others may feel the same way.

No comments: