Monday, March 20, 2006

I Know I am a Slacker

I know I'm a serious slacker. It has been weeks since I have posted anything worth reading. I have been a daddy for 6 weeks now. I could write for days but I am too busy experienceing every little thing.

These are just a few of the things that have kept me busy and in awe.


  • The late night bottles when Jen is sleeping and it's just me and Ella looking at each other.
  • The sound she makes as the bottle goes into her mouth after she's upsettingly waited on it..
  • The way she falls asleep on my chest after the bottle.
  • The little smiles she has from time to time that are almost one sided.
  • Her big yawns followed by an upsetting cry..( I don't think she likes yawning)
  • Swinging her in my arms to get her to calm down, and then the stare she gives me as she silences.
  • Spiking her hair to make it look more like mine.
  • Watching her during her 1st set of portraits.
  • Kissing her forehead while she sleeps.

Fatherhood is truely amazing. But then again so is the little girl whose finger I am wrapped around.

No comments: