Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sitting Waiting Wishing

It is getting close to the birth of my first child. It is all that I can think about. My every thought is consumed about finally entering fatherhood and seeing my daughter for the first time.

We went to the doctor last week for our routine weekly visit only to receive a not so routine report. As of Last Friday, January 20th, Jen was dialated a full 4 CENTIMETERS. The doc told us we would probably be parents before our next visit. Well that next visit was yesterday and we are still without child. We have cleaned the house from top to bottom, gotten Ella's room as done as we can until the furniture gets here, and packed for the trip to the hospital.

There is nothing left to do but Sit-Waite-Wish. My anxiousness for this is 1 million times worse than waiting in line to ride my first roller coaster, or waiting to propose to Jennifer. I know she will be here soon.....but not soon enough......

No comments: