Monday, October 20, 2008

Thrice

So I found a couple of new albums over the weekend. Actually I've had a couple of people tell me they were good way before now. But, I had been reluctant to listen to them, b/c I wasn't wowed to much by Thrice's previous albums...but these two have definitely wowed me to the core. (If that's even an appropriate review). The Cd's travel the whole spectrum of musical styles from Hard core screaming types to more melodic earthy acoustic. Thus the titles Alchemy Index Vol. 1&2 - Fire and Water / Alchemy Index Vol. 3&4 Air and Earth. I haven't been able to pull away from Vol 3 & 4 enough to listen to the entire Vol. 1&2 but what I've heard is pretty amazing.

Check out the Alchemy Index's by thrice...here's a sample. Dustin's voice is really amazing. No mics , no amps , just music.



No comments: