Friday, September 12, 2008

Youth Pastor's Theme Song?

Weezer - Pork and Beans


I'm loving this song right now. Just be yourself. Who cares if people think your cool, weird, acting too young, getting too old or anything else.

As I'm turning 30 I find myself trying to re-figure out some things that I thought I had figured out when I made a smooth transition from the teen years to the 20's. Being a Youth Pastor doesn't help either, b/c I have the responsibility of staying connected to younger generations while trying not to seem too young causing other adults to question my maturity level. Whether you admit it or not, you too, really don't want to be seen as "old" by teenagers an young adults. Maybe this is just me.
  • What is being grown up; actions, style, loss of hair, experience, responsibility?
  • What can I wear without seeming to be "trying too hard" and without looking like a grandpa before my time?
    • I still shop in the young men's department b/c I like the clothes...but does that mean I'm trying to hard and should move on up to the mens dept.
  • Am I getting too old for myspace...or video games....I mean really?
  • I still like rap and rock music and I like it loud...is it now because of hearing loss (lol)?
    • I am more picky of the lyrical content than in the past which I am proud of.
Just being you is sometimes harder than you want it to be.

Sometimes I think about this...other times...I'm like I don't give a hoot what you think....

No comments: