Friday, January 18, 2008

Actions Speak

Below is a Bulliten Post from one of my teenagers who is looking past the fast and listening in obedience when God speaks. I've read this multiple times. What if we could get a whole generation and more to think this way. Or even half, or a third...all it takes is a handful to start a revolution.....


..........................................................................................................................................................................
i feel good about today...

i made a friend with somebody who said he didn't have any friends.
he told me that everybody makes fun of him and nobody likes him.
he told me that he doesn't believe in God, and that us living is just a game.
he told me that he doesn't believe in a Heaven or a Hell, but that he believes when we die, we just go into nothingness, and that we pretty much fall asleep forever.
he told me that he has been treated terrible all his life, and that he doesn't believe in love, or that anybody could ever love him as a brother, a friend, or anything.

i made friends with this person today. I told him about Jesus.
Did I shove it down his throat? no.
But, I just let him know that I'm here for him, and that I am his friend, and that There is someone that loves him more than anybody on this earth ever could.
I told him about Jesus Christ.
I told him to go home and think about all I said.
He told me thank you for telling him all this and for showing that I cared.

Sorry this is so long, but I guess what I'm getting at, is be friends with the person that everyone else makes fun of.
Go against what everybody else does.
Be friends with the "reject" in school.
Make someone feel good about themselves. Let them know that they truly are loved, because if anything, that can truly change a person's life.

No comments: