Friday, November 28, 2008

RUN Christmas is coming!

Well Thanksgiving has ended and with it comes the beginning of the Christmas.

The Holidays bring a good mix of emotions for me. I enjoy Christmas just enough to keep me from being a Scrooge I guess. The countdown of shopping days and spending money on gifts that I or others will not even remember a year from now (bah humbug). The scheduling of events/parties (bah humbug - but the parties are fun once you get there). The scheduling of family gatherings (bah humbug-with 6-8 sets of family gatherings crammed into about 2-3 weeks trying to make sure no one get's their feelings hurt or left out it gets a bit frustrating) But I do enjoy the time spent with them once we get there.Christmas music on every radio station and in every store a month before Christmas (bah humbug - I get tired of it way before Christmas). Okay so maybe I should put on my PJ's and hop in to bed and wait for the first ghost.

But there are several things that I really really enjoy and look forward to.

- Spending time at the table with family laughing as we inhale mass amounts of carbs and starches.

- Actually finding that one gift that you know will be appreciated and the look on the recipients face.

- Driving at night and seeing all sorts of houses lit up with their decorations.

- Watching the 2 greatest Christmas Movies of all time over and over. - Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story (NOT It's a Wonderful Life as my wife may lead you to believe)

- Ella's excitement over every little Christmas Tree and finally getting ours up - only to have her say she doesn't like it...lol

- Getting to play Mr. and Mrs. Clause now... :)

- Seeing Ella light up on Christmas Morning as she walks in to the living room to see what Santa Left.

These little things bring smiles to my face, a tear to my eye (on occasion), and just enough warmth in my heart to keep the Scrooge at bay.

Oh and this little jig made me laugh alot last night.


Christmas Shake from steven moore on Vimeo.

No comments: