Monday, January 02, 2006

Times Like These

I don’t really know how to put into words all that is going on in my head and my heart right now. My whole world is about to change. My life will never be the same. As the birth of my 1st child, a girl, these realities are hitting harder and harder with each passing.

I’m excited….to finally have a child of my own to love and to be loved by.
I’m hopeful…that she’s healthy and happy
I’m nervous….of getting it all right.
I’m doubtful…Do I really have what it takes to be completely responsible for another life
I’m afraid……I’ll make mistakes that will leave lasting impacts.
I’m sad………Because I will never have my wife all to my self ever again.

Will I ….be able to give her the love that she needs….be the father that she needs….continue to stay as close to my wife as I have been. It’s really scary as I think about it.

I’m not so much worried about the whole physical aspect of raising a child as much as providing the right emotional and spiritual care.


Even in the midst of all the doubts and worries, I am going to try my hardest and give it my all to be the father and husband that I need to be. I know I can’t be perfect and get it all right, but I ‘m going to try. She is going to know she is loved, she is going to know that she is important.

Just when I think I have life sort of figured and getting sort of a routine, I have to start over and learn life all over again. New lessons of love, heartache, selflessness, confidence, and Faith.




I guess it’s times like these that you learn to live again. It’s time like these you give and give again. It’s times like these you learn to love again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I knew a man once who was given a job to care for the spiritual growth of about 30 young men and women. He was nervous and uncertain. Do I have what it takes, he thought? Well, that man grew more confident and stronger and the group of 30 grew also. 30, to 40, to 50, to 80. How did this happen? Why did this happen? Because one man poured out his heart and spirit into the hearts of some unloved, unwanted, scared young people and God anointed him to be a friend to those who never had a real friend. God anointed him to be a brother to those who never had a brother. God anointed him to be a Father to those who have never known a real father. God has anointed him to be Jesus to those who have never seen Jesus. That man is Steven Moore, Friend, brother, father and pastor to 80 great young people. And now, God is anointing him for a new ministry. To be a pastor, friend and most importantly a Daddy to a precious little girl name Ella. Will he mess some things up? probably. Will say the wrong things? Sometimes. Will teach her the love of Jesus? Always. Will he kiss away her hurts? Everyday. Will she know that her Daddy loves her? In every way. And last but not least. Does he have what it takes? Yes he does!

Anonymous said...

hey pastor steven...aww i love this blog..it is soo sweet--well i dunno if my opion means much, but i think you are going to be a GREAAAAT father(like tony the tiger-haha)..but really..you are an awesome role model, youth pastor, and friend..dont take the friend thing in a wrong way cuz sumteims adults do that..but still..you dont need to worry so much..i know it comes with the territory..but yea its gonna be exciting and all that stuff..so enjoy the ride..and work through the bumps--your daughter chose yall for a reason and i believe yall are gonna be the best parents ever..aww im excited--im gonna be her favorite person ever also--remember that--haha i can see yall teaching her to like stay away from me, but oh well..ill give her candy and bribe her--oh yeah im here wen yall need a babysitter too--well i guess im gonna go now--tootles!